The goal of the legal department is to help Robin Hood achieve its mission while assessing and managing organizational risk. The Staff Counsel will work closely with the General Counsel on a range of legal issues relating to Robin Hood’s operations. This is a part-time, 2 days per week position. The Staff Counsel will be located in Robin Hood’s New York office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review, negotiate and draft various corporate contracts and other legal documents (including sponsorship agreements, licenses, commercial co-venture agreements, consulting contracts, etc.)
- Draft and review internal policies and other governance documents
- Advise on employment related matters
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local laws and internal policies
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis on myriad issues relevant to Robin Hood’s programs and initiatives
- Counsel internal stakeholders on risk management
- Liaise with outside counsel, especially on intellectual property, employment and litigation matters
- Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited U.S. law school
- Admitted to practice law in New York
- At least five years of prior law firm or other comparable experience; in-house corporate experience (for-profit or nonprofit) a plus
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- General corporate or nonprofit practice
- Employee benefits
- Intellectual property
- Excellent judgment and discretion, especially regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Robin Hood Values
Our core values ground the work that we do in all areas of our organization. If these principles appeal to you, we invite you to apply.
- Robin Hood puts people first. Always.
- Robin Hood is unafraid to take action and create solutions.
- Robin Hood is data driven and heart led.
- Robin Hood works the coat check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Robin Hood has excellent benefits and offers a flexible work environment.