As a Supervisory Attorney Advisor (Civil Rights) at the GS-0905-15, you will be part of Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), you will serve as Director of the Title VII EPA Division. You will be responsible for supervising the development of regulations, guidance, technical assistance and for providing internal legal advice about Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and other laws enforced by the EEOC.
- The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) is the EEOC’s in-house counsel that drafts regulations and policy for the Commission’s consideration and provides a range of other legal advice to the agency. You will perform the following duties:
- Provide guidance, direction and supervision to attorneys and other staff of OLC in the performance of legal and administrative duties.
- Assign responsibility, provide direction, review and interact with staff and management in the drafting of Commission guidelines, regulations, policies, opinion letters and other substantive interpretations of the federal EEO laws.
- Plan and implement the ongoing process of conducting reviews of proposed legislation, regulations, guidelines, policies and training programs to determine their impact on the Commission’s statutory mandates.
- Assign responsibility for review of, and participate in, Commission outreach to stakeholders about the federal EEO laws.
- Meet with high level officials of the Commission, other government agencies and Congressional aides regarding complex legal matters on policy and procedures which could have a nationwide impact.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.