The Senior Attorney – Regulatory, advises and actively represents the company in a variety of legal matters which may include but not be limited to regulatory, litigation, collections, bankruptcy, municipal, energy and other areas requiring legal counseling and/or assistance. The Senior Attorney – Regulatory, also coordinates matters referred to outside law firms.
- Provides legal advice on matters affecting the interests of PGW primarily as it relates to a variety of legal matters which may include but not be limited to regulatory, litigation, , municipal, energy and other areas requiring legal counseling and/or assistance etc.; prepares appropriate related legal documents.
- Researches appropriate legal opinions, rulings and findings in order to provide the soundest legal advice regarding company matters.
- Advises and actively represents PGW in negotiations, administrative and court actions as assigned; prepares appropriate legal documents associated with these processes. Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Public Utility Commission (PUC) matters
- Customer Service hearings
- Rates and Budget administrative proceedings
- Gas Commission hearings
- Legislative matters
- FERC matters
- General litigation
- Analyzes and interprets federal, state and local statutes, case law, ordinances, legislation and regulations to determine their application to company business procedures, policy and practices.
- Advises management and represents legal perspective on new and proposed changes to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Consults with other departments as necessary to carry out assigned responsibilities.
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested
- Must be a law school graduate with an LLB or JD degree
- Must be admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar.
- 5 or more years of experience working with laws and regulations related to litigation, commercial, energy, and/or regulatory law.
- Practice before governmental/regulatory agencies such as the PUC, Gas Commission, City of Philadelphia, FERC,, City Council, etc. preferred.
- Must have analytical and communication skills with the to interpret and translate complex legal terms into written and verbal forms that are easily understood by all levels of staff
- Must have leadership ability with a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions in order to provide guidance to lower level peer group and assist Legal Department in identifying the best people for special assignments and advancement.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.