In house Attorney to handle a wide range of regulatory proceedings for SDG&E.
- Advocates for the company in a wide range of state regulatory proceedings pending before the California Public Utilities Commission and other state agencies.
- Represents the company in a variety of hearings, including hearings before administrative law judges, that involve defending company witnesses and cross-examining witnesses for intervening parties.
- Provides legal and strategic advice to various business units on highly complex regulatory issues, including both technical and policy-based issues.
- Interacts regularly with different groups within the company (e.g., engineering, accounting, rate design) as well as with executives and upper management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and J.D. or L.L.B. from an accredited law school.
- Member of good standing with California Bar or certification to practice in California.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, ideally in a regulatory attorney position.
- Demonstrated ability to independently handle major regulatory proceedings for state regulated entities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong analytic ability.
- Thorough knowledge of law and ability to apply this knowledge accurately to various legal situations.
- Experience in the utility industry is desirable, but not required.
- Experience as a litigator representing companies in complex litigation matters is desirable.
- Maturity of judgment and conduct.
**Competitive compensation package, including flexible benefits, annual bonus plan, long-term incentive stock plan, 401k matching, and pension plan.
**We have multiple positions open (both Counsel and Senior Counsel) and will be filled depending on qualifications.