With a mission to fundamentally transform U.S. healthcare, Collective Health is the ideal workplace for a self-starting, team-oriented attorney who wants to make a major impact and assume meaningful responsibilities at a fast-growing technology company. We seek a creative, business-minded attorney to become our Commercial Counsel and to act as the go-to lawyer for all commercial legal needs. Besides helping drive Collective Health’s commercial strategy, you will advise on regulatory and SaaS product matters. As a member of our legal team, you’ll help address the company’s—and the industry’s—most complex and novel legal challenges as you help us build a world-class healthcare technology company.
In this role you will:
- Draft, define, review, and negotiate inbound, outbound, and partnership commercial agreements, including client contracts, master services agreements with key partners, vendor and SaaS agreements, data security/confidentiality agreements, and business associate agreements—both from templates and from scratch.
- Assist with counseling product and operations teams on issues including compliance with laws applicable to health plans, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Build a commercial legal strategy for the national sales team and support their business strategy to help define the future of healthcare.
- Guide operations and product teams on service level agreements and new and existing business arrangements.
- Troubleshoot commercial issues, agiley devise workable solutions to support the business, and improve legal forms, processes, and procedures.
- Educate internal business teams on contract terms, negotiation best practices, commercial implications, legal risks etc.
- Hold a seat at the table as a trusted, proactive business partner to senior managers and leadership at all levels.
If most of the following apply to you, we’d love to talk:
- A J.D., with a current license to practice in California (either CA or Rule 965 admitted)
- 5+ years of relevant legal practice at a law firm and/or high-growth technology company
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial agreements and in counseling clients across an enterprise. B2B and B2C experience valued.
- Experience with HIPAA, ERISA, or regulated industries strongly favored.
- Comfortable handling privacy and data protection topics in the commercial context.
- Exceptional client communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, including consistent ability to make thoughtful, difficult calls, weigh all factors of a decision (keeping the big picture in mind while considering the details), and communicating those effectively to business clients.
- Talent for building trusted relationships and for balancing different points of view.