Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food — food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 9000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Provide advice and counseling on a broad spectrum of employment law issues, including workplace policies, recruiting, employee relations, executive compensation, performance management, leaves of absence, internal investigations, and global compensation and benefits
- Evaluate, design, and ensure compliance with a wide variety of employment practices, policies, and processes
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment-related inquiries
- Work with internal teams and outside counsel to manage labor and employment matters, compensation issues, and employment litigation as needed
- Conduct employment- and compensation-related audits and classification reviews, as well as support and advise on other compliance efforts
- Assist in developing and conducting training and education programs for employees, managers, and the People team
- Collaborate with local counsel to advise the People team and management on international hiring and employment issues
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience practicing employment law, with experience at major law firms and in-house legal departments preferred
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented attitude, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate risk in light of business and practical considerations and to make clear, sound recommendations
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independentlyInternational employment experience is a plus
- Strong professional and academic credentials, including a J. D. degree and membership in at least one state bar (preferably California)