1. Manage Call Center staff within one or more department/specialty. This includes recruiting, coaching, mentoring and developing high performing individuals that function well in a team environment.
2. Manage and support daily department/specialty operations to include, but not limited to, incoming calls, referral management, appointment reminders, and in-basket management.
3. Manage staff schedules to ensure staffing levels support call volume. Approve and monitor all staff human resource functions including payroll, time and attendance schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for staff within the department/specialty.
4. Identify issues that impede delivery of high quality patient access; develop, implement, and evaluate improvement plans in collaboration with Call Center and departmental leadership.
5. Develop and critically evaluate workflows/SOP; making recommendations to Call Center leadership to improve work procedures within the department/specialty.
6. Develop and lead department/specialty pod(s) program initiatives that align with the Call Center mission and vision and report outcomes to Call Center leadership team.
7. Monitor calls and other Call Center quality metrics to ensure exceptional customer service. Identify training opportunities for staff and lead efforts to improve performance.
8. Analyze access principles and departmental metrics (i.e. RVUs, volume, etc.) and make recommendations for template adjustments.
9. Monitor and analyze monthly Call Center and departmental KPIs/SLAs to assess accuracy and effectiveness of processes. Identify trends or items requiring immediate corrective action.
10. Serve as a technical and policy resource for department/specialty team.
11. Communicate, maintain, and uphold adherence to Call Center policies and procedures.
12. Remain well versed in all department/specialty functions.
13. Conduct daily huddles with the department/specialty team.
14. Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and trainings. 1
15. May perform other duties as assigned.