The Assistant General Counsel will play a critical role in leading the development, improvement and implementation of legal counseling, strategy, policy and processes in alignment with the near and long-term objectives of Danaher, its Water Quality Platform and Trojan Technologies for multiple companies and business units reporting up through Trojan (including Trojan, Viqua, Aquafine, and Pall Water). This position will also be responsible for managing a wide variety of daily work in all substantive legal areas. The selected candidate must be able to spend significant time at Trojan’s offices in London, Ontario. This position reports to Danaher’s General Counsel, Water Quality Platform Americas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
In close consultation with the business and other functional leaders at Trojan and the companies reporting to Trojan, this position is expected to:
Implement and drive standard processes for commercial contracts
Deliver training and advice to drive best practices for compliance and risk management
Prepare and work within annual legal budget
Provide active counseling, develop and improve processes, manage dispute resolution efforts, retain and supervise outside counsel, and coordinate with other Danaher counsel, in at least the following areas:
- Must have strong academic credentials and law degree.
- Minimum of 7-9 years’ experience as a practicing attorney
- Mix of law firm and in-house corporate legal department experience
- Has personally handled a broad range of legal issues, including substantial work drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, and experience in the areas of competition law, and compliance.
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in corporate matters is required.
- Candidates must be able to speak, negotiate and draft in English fluently, with ease; Second language proficiency would be a plus (especially French).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain the confidence of senior management
- Thrives in a fast paced, high demand environment
- Accomplishes by doing—this is a hands-on position
- Strong business acumen-able to rapidly learn the businesses’ competitive drivers
- Kaizen mentality—stays on top of the daily work but always strives to find better ways of accomplishing more
- Unquestioned integrity—adheres to the highest values in decisions, conduct, and work with others.
: North America-North America-United States-VA-Richmond
: North America-North America-Canada-ON-London, North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland, North America-North America, North America-North America-Canada-ON-Toronto