The position is located in the Office of the Chief Counsel in the Washington, DC office. The selectee will work as an attorney advisor concentrating on Employment Law.
PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
As an Attorney Advisor, you will:
– Represent the Bureau in cases before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Federal Labor Relations Board, Merit Systems Protection Board, and in arbitrations with the National Treasury Employees Union.
– Conduct discovery and prepare pleadings and briefs. Recommend, negotiate and draft settlement agreements.
– Advise and counsel Bureau managers on employment law, disciplinary actions, labor-management relations, and other matters.
– Advise, perform legal research, and prepare briefings, presentations, and legal decision memoranda on matters requiring the interpretation and application of statutes, regulations, court decisions, Departmental precedents, Bureau policies, and technical publications involving fields of law related to Bureau operations.
– Ensure that uniform, proper interpretations of statutes and regulations are made and that any recommendations support senior management’s strategic plans.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel may be required.