What are you looking for in your next company? Rock-solid products? A collaborative, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? If any of these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for talented Director of Legal to join our team!
In this role, you will join a small, fast-paced and collaborative legal team! You will provide a wide array of legal services across the company, working with colleagues in all parts of the business across multiple jurisdictions with a strong emphasis on commercial transactions.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems is an enterprise fintech company transforming how bankers, advisors, and insurance agents acquire and service customers in an increasingly digital and regulated environment. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, email, text, and voice. Every Hearsay product syncs beautifully with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
We love working here, and we hope you will too!
About the role:
- Draft and negotiate Hearsay’s inbound and outbound licensing agreements, ranging from enterprise SaaS agreements to key strategic alliance partnerships and critical vendor relationships.
- Provide advice to the Go-to-Market team on compliance and regulatory challenges facing our customers, such as new FINRA and SEC notices, and new changes to consumer protection laws for electronic communication (CAN-SPAM, TCPA, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally across engineering, design and product to assist with the development of key compliance features and functionality of Hearsay’s software services.
- Manage, maintain and refine the company’s internal risk mitigation program across all departments, such as data privacy, SOC audit review, employment practices, etc.
- Advise Board of Directors and senior management on legal strategy and emerging risks as the company business model scales
- Oversee general corporate legal duties such as corporate filings, stock administration, etc.
- You have at least 5 years of experience at a law firm or in-house
- You have consistently, and successfully, negotiated enterprise SaaS licensing agreements.
- You’re at least curious about the financial services industry and want to learn more.
- You have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following: 1) Standard cloud computing issues, 2) Financial Services, 3) Telecommunications
- You are comfortable with business metrics and ability to break down complex legal problems into business and legal risks; ability to explain legal issues to business and technology focused partners
- You enjoy being cross-functional, you have a strong sense of ownership, and you strive to continually learn and grow
- You are licensed to practice law in the state of California (or registered as in-house)