ServiceNow was founded on the idea that we could make the world of work, work better for people. Our mission is to create great experiences at work for our customers, and we are building a culture that delivers on that same promise for our own employees.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced attorney to join our Global Employment Law team to support the company’s Americas region (US, Canada and LATAM). The successful candidate will be located in Santa Clara, CA and will report to the Vice President, Legal – Global Employment. The position will be primarily responsible for providing legal advice and counsel and partnership to the Global Talent Organization and other key internal stakeholders in the Americas region on employment law matters. This is a singular opportunity to play a pivotal role on ServiceNow’s expanding legal team and to work on challenging legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Help us build a culture of high performance and great inclusion. Deliver business oriented, risk-based advice and counsel on the full range of employment law issues including: hiring, disciplinary actions, dismissals, complex employee relations issues, compensation and benefits (including wage and hour), leaves and accommodations, DIBs (diversity, inclusion and belonging), and employee privacy matters. Fully understanding the legal requirements is the starting point – treating people fairly and creating an amazing working environment is the end point.
- Partner with the Global Talent Organization to create and revise global and locally compliant policies and procedures consistent with our values.
- Advise and collaborate with the Global Talent Organization to develop and implement global and Americas related initiatives
- Develop and deliver best in class employee related trainings
- Manage employment claims and litigation matters for the Americas
- Partner and collaborate with other members of the Global Employment Law team on global projects and issues
- Manage and oversee responses to employee related subpoenas and requests for personnel records
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of changes in Americas related employment laws and regulations and industry practices that impact the business and provide practical advice and support to the business regarding the same
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- 6+ years of relevant legal experience specializing in employment law at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department of a multi-national company, high tech experience a plus
- Current membership in a US state bar in good standing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong and deep working relationships with internal stakeholders over multiple geographical locations
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal and risk mitigation advice and counsel
- A practical, collaborative and business-focused approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and to handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously and thoroughly to closure
- Demonstrated global mindset and sensitivity to all cultures
- Ability travel throughout the Americas as needed (annually up to 20%)
- Strong compensation and benefits experience preferred
- In-house experience preferred