LandWright is a VC-backed real estate technology company building the first platform for the issuance and secondary trading of single-property commercial real estate in public security form.
We are looking to build out our internal compliance infrastructure as well as bring onboard an in-house general counsel. To that end, we are currently looking for a CCO/GC who will serve as the Chief Compliance Officer for our broker-dealer, provide legal support for corporate matters, and liaise with our external counsel and partners on our product offerings and other matters. We have identified the expected background and skills of this position below, but beyond the required licenses, it is important that the candidate be a team player, willing to learn in areas where experience is limited, and work well with the team on further building the company through its growth stage:
– Current Series 24 & Series 7 Licenses
– JD degree from an accredited US law school
– Member in good standing with the New York State Bar
– 7+ years of work experience in compliance services, in a CCO role for a portion of that time
– An expert-level understanding of the compliance systems necessary for the operation of a broker-dealer and supervision of registered representatives
– Experience implementing and overseeing compliance systems and procedures
– Experience working with Alternative Trading Systems (ATS)
– Legal experience in financial services/securities law and a willingness to learn new areas
-Team-player mentality: we are an early-stage startup with a flat organization structure; you may be asked to take the reins or help on projects that may not fall strictly under your purview. You’re the type of teammate that is happy to support your colleagues regardless of the job description.
-Growth-orientation: this is an early hire (we’re fewer than 10 team members). As such, there is the opportunity to work on aspects of the business that wouldn’t typically be available at a larger firm.