Job Description: Counsel, Commercial Development
Bloom Energy is seeking to add an enthusiastic, mission-driven attorney to fill the role of Counsel, Commercial Development. This individual be engaged on a variety of project development, finance, and asset management issues in Bloom Energy’s rapidly growing operations. Bloom Energy is an entrepreneurial venture and the person must have the ability to act independently, operate proactively and have a passion and appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
Location: This role will be located at our San Jose, CA headquarters
• Provide counsel, under the direction of senior attorneys, in connection with project development and finance matters. Such matters may include power purchase agreements, procurement & construction contracts, renewable energy credit purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, etc.
• Support team administering existing project financing transactions, and provide counsel regarding all legal matters arising during the post-commercial operation project phase, including issues arising under sales agreements, incentive arrangements, financing agreements, insurance, compliance, and other regulatory matters.
• Perform and coordinate legal due diligence activities.
• Provide training on substantive legal issues, including emerging areas of risk.
• Research and provide guidance on regulations, policies, and proposed legislation affecting business priorities.
• Provide concise and thoughtful legal advice.
Education and Experience:
• J.D. from a top law school, and good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar.
• 3+ years’ experience, with top law-firm experience required.
• Commercial contracting, project development and finance experience with a background in the clean-tech and renewable energy industry.
• Experience representing developers, including residential and/or C&I markets.
• Outstanding business acumen, decisive critical thinking skills and subtle professional confidence.
• Finance background a plus.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects with shifting priorities, work independently and operate in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Sense of humor is a must.