The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
Home Lending Legal Group:
The primary function of the Home Lending legal group is to provide both transactional and strategic legal support for Home Lending’s various departments including originations, servicing, and capital markets.
The attorney hired will:
- Be in the Home Lending Originations legal group
- Help maintain compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations impacting the mortgage originations business
- Work cooperatively with the Compliance Department to keep up with all changes to the laws and advise the relevant lines of business of changes in a timely manner
- Assist the relevant lines of business with drafting and implementing policies and procedures to assure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and investor/insurer requirements
- Advise senior management within the Legal Department and lines of business of originations risks within the organization and help devise practical solutions for any issues raised
- At least five years of experience practicing law post-J.D.
- Five years plus of experience in the legal department of a mortgage originations area at a large bank, mortgage originator, relevant regulatory entity or law firm
- J.D. degree or equivalent and admitted to practice law in the United States required
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- Experience working closely with banking regulators and managing examinations
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws impacting mortgage originations such as TILA, ECOA, FCRA, RESPA, the Fair Housing Act, UDAAP, and predatory lending laws
- Extensive knowledge of laws impacting electronic lending including UETA and ESIGN
- Ability to prioritize work, effectively manage a large number of issues at one time, and interact effectively with senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment