Who You Are:
This role will provide legal support to numerous business functions at Getty Images, with a very strong emphasis on support of commercial matters such as regional sales, strategic development and content partners. The Corporate Counsel is expected to develop relationships with key internal and external customers by quickly and accurately drafting, negotiating and implementing a range of commercial agreements. This position provides appropriate legal guidance as and where needed as well as troubleshooting operational roadblocks.
Your Next Challenge:
• Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the applicable business teams, providing contract drafting, negotiation and maintenance support together with legal team members in other offices.
• Independently prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
• Communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external parties, including internal and external customers, as necessary to perform job duties.
• Serve as contact for general legal issues that arise in the region.
• Occasional travel may be required.
What You’ll Need:
• Desired 5+ years relevant experience with general commercial legal matters.
• Experience at a large law firm and/or as in-house counsel, with licensing and intellectual property experience strongly preferred.
• Juris Doctorate and member in good standing with the New York state Bar.
• Strong knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with senior legal and business leaders internally and externally.
• Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
• Experience working with and training non-legal colleagues.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal direction and/or supervision.
• Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
• Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
• Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
• Fluency in Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable.