As the Associate General Counsel, the individual is expected to assist in protecting the organization’s legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on counsel to all levels of executive staff and internal clients, working across multiple time zones.
- Assist with management of the operations of the legal department;
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues and ensuring alignment with business goals of the Company.
- Negotiation and drafting of various agreements, including sales and licensing agreements.
- Presents clear recommendations and assuring legal compliance; and is expected to contribute to the company’s regulatory and business strategic planning and compliance processes.
- Experience with casino regulatory compliance and/or intellectual property licensing a plus.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Skills, knowledge, and qualifications: Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Skills/Requirements:
A minimum of 3-7 years of legal and compliance experience is highly desired
- JD with strong academic credentials
- Licensed in Nevada, or ability to quickly obtain In-House Counsel Admission
- Not afraid to think outside the box to solve complex issues
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Juris Doctorate degree and related field and/or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to work independently either individually or within a team structure with minimal direction
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and good follow-through required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
All employees are responsible for their personal safety and safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules
- Wear and / or use Personal Protective Equipment, when and how instructed
- Report hazardous conditions to management
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management, and seek treatment promptly
- Other duties as requested
- Office environment/desk job
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aruze Gaming America (AGA) is engaged in highly regulated gaming. As a result, certain AGA employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure AGA complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, AGA requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with AGA (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to AGA conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Aruze Gaming America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
This position requires registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.