What youll be doing…
Verizon is seeking an experienced, talented, dynamic, customer-centric attorney to provide counseling for Verizons Business Groups Product and Marketing organization. The successful candidate will provide support on diverse legal initiatives, including wide-range marketing, advertising and product initiatives. The attorney must be able to understand the effect of law and regulation on our business and provide strategic legal advice to enable revenue generation while creatively balancing commercial and compliance risks. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of legal issues related to communications, marketing, advertising privacy issues, customer consents and customer relation matters as well as a business-minded professional with excellent communications skills. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Providing day-to-day advice and review of marketing campaigns, associated collateral and product development for Verizons suite of business products and services.
- Reviewing and advising on new product development and associated offers.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and contractual commitments.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Verizon Business Group clients, Verizon legal colleagues, and other internal stakeholders while enforcing legal requirements.
- Keep abreast of evolving laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact Verizons marketing of services to business customers. Assist in designing and implementing policies to ensure compliance with same.
- Coordinating internally and externally among different client organizations, including legal and other groups in addressing marketing related issues to ensure effective advocacy of marketing strategies.
- Assist in efforts to develop, implement and enhance Verizon processes and policies that improve time to revenue without material increase in risk.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any areas of risk.
- Advise leaders on legal matters impacting the business.
What were looking for…
Youll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
- Six or more years of recent legal practice experience with a corporate legal department or law firm.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Business acumen, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to analyze and devise solutions to legal issues under tight deadlines and with limited supervision.
- Strong project management skills with track record of successfully managing complex projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external groups simultaneously to quickly achieve common goals.
- Ability to interact comfortably with personnel in various roles and levels across the organization, and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.