We are looking for an Information Technology Counsel as part of KONEs new outside-in strategy recognizing that new technologies and connectivity enable us to elevate our value to customers in new ways, while explicitly recognizing technological disruption as a key global megatrend.
– Serve as North America’s dedicated resource supporting Technology and Innovation (KTI), providing guidance on protecting KONEs intellectual property developed in North America.
– Serve as North America’s legal representative on North America and global Legal IT Steering Committees, developing standardized processes to ensure, through a gateway process or as otherwise appropriate, that new tools, services and technologies are continuously and systematically reviewed to ensure that they are configured and implemented in such a way to comply with applicable North America laws and legal requirements that may exist so as to not cause unnecessary business interruption or legal exposure.
– In collaboration with global and North America KTI and IT, lead the legal review of all new and updated technology, applications and IT tools to assure they are developed and implemented in full compliance with relevant laws, and in are fully integrated into North America’s legal discovery tools and systems in order to minimize litigation exposures.
– Serve as project manager to assure that any and all new KTI and IT developments and technology is integrated with the unique litigation management and legal hold systems utilized by North America to assure that we are mitigating our legal exposure to the greatest extent possible.
-Advise on IT licensing, including Microsoft licenses, that provide KONE the ability to access and control all data necessary to comply with Records Management. Ensure that all KONE IT systems, tools, and applications comply with Records Management Policy, litigation legal hold requirements, data loss prevention and e-discovery needs.
– Serve as the North America Privacy Counsel, representing North America on the global Cybersecurity team, and working directly with North America, KTI, IT, Coal Valley, Allen, Sourcing and other corporate functions to assure that all information technology systems in use, including vendor services and whether supported by IT or not, meet global privacy and security requirements. Collaborate with global and North America IT to mitigate cybersecurity risks and to establish documented emergency response plans to security breaches and the potential loss of data and/or intellectual property in order to minimize resulting governmental, business and litigation risks.
– Research, recommend and implement new technologies, software and tools that may enable KONE to identify, protect, preserve and retrieve data in a cost effective and legally defensible manner.
– Remain up to date on legal and technological developments, including the technical parameters of KONEs network and systems, in order to provide direct legal support to both the global and North America Law and IT Departments in order to support KONEs business objective to differentiate through technology.
– Work in collaboration with various KONE corporate functions to develop comprehensive North America written policies and procedures specifically focusing on: information security, human resource security, asset management, physical and environmental security, IT access controls, business continuity plans, disaster recovery procedures, information security incident management and appropriate technology use policies. Continually review policies to ensure proper security and data protection procedures and policies are current.
– Work in collaboration with North America’s Compliance and Risk Management teams to conduct internal audits on compliance with applicable policies and coordinate with third party to conduct risk assessments attestation to applicable industry recognized standards.
-5+ years in the practice of law at a law firm or in-house law department
-Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
-Licensed to practice in the state of Illinois
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behavior:
-Knowledge of the impact of technology in the business and associated legal risks and opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers