The Energy Manager is responsible for implementing and monitoring energy conservation and utility management
programs across all schools and support facilities. The employee monitors energy consumption and recommends
actions to reduce and/or control use. Works with staff and students to implement behavioral changes focused towards
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Advises, assists, and recommends to the Director of Facilities Services on alternate energy sources,
consumption, and general energy conservation measures; provides input on activities related to energy
management and the purchase of any products that affect energy consumption.
* Conducts regular walk-through audits of facilities to ensure operating efficiency, optimum educational
environment, and compliance with energy policy.
* Provides input on energy requirement estimates and budget allotments for facilities; communicates on a
continuing basis with building administrators regarding their buildings' energy consumption.
* Prepares periodic and special reports regarding status of the School District's energy consumption; ensures that
the School District is on the proper utility rate schedule and is receiving correct billing and participation in any
rebate program offered.
* Coordinates installation and/or repairs of energy management systems; maintains programming for
computerized energy management system to ensure operating efficiency; updates programs as necessary;
instructs building and maintenance personnel on proper operation of the systems and equipment.
* Represents the School District at meetings, seminars, and conferences relating to energy use and conservation.
* May supervise Building Automation Staff or other assigned non-exempt personnel
* May perform duties of On-Call Facilities Services Supervisor when scheduled to represent the Division Director
* Serves as Essential Personnel and may lead Facilities Services Division response to facility emergencies or other
incidents impacting school operations. Performs other duties as required
* Bachelors of Science in Energy Management or related field; or proven work experience and/or training to
demonstrate the standards, concepts and guidelines significant to perform the responsibilities of the position.
* Knowledge of computers and computer programming and the practical application of this knowledge; ability to
analyze and interpret technical data and communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
* Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school
personnel and with the community.
* Professional credentialing as a Certified Energy Manager, Business Energy Professional, LEED AP, or related
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The
employee is occasionally required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift
approximately 25 pounds.