What Youll Do
The Corporate Counsel of IP Transactions will be responsible for IP transactions supporting Ciscos successful, dynamic, and growing businesses and product lines while demonstrating one of leading patent portfolios in IT. You will:
- Advise and assist in structuring and drafting IP-focused technology agreements, including teamwork and innovation, joint development, university collaboration and research, partnership, technology acquisition, and commercial license agreements
- Negotiate and close patent licenses, springing licenses, settlement agreements and IP-related provisions in licensing agreements, such as covenants-not-to sue, IP indemnities, and joint ownership provisions
- Support all IP and patent related issues of Ciscos acquisitions and key partnerships
- Act as a trusted adviser to business units, executives, engineers, and other legal team members
Who Youll Work With
Reporting to the Senior Director of IP Transactions within the Cisco Legal department, you will be part of a world-class intellectual property team that has pioneered new approaches to portfolio development and mitigating the risk of non-practicing entities.
Our Legal department is a group of top professionals that prides itself on innovation and gives its members the support, technology, and educational opportunities to succeed. You will also work with Ciscos corporate business development team to address the patent aspects of Ciscos industry-leading acquisition program.
Who You Are
You are a great teammate with significant subject matter expertise in intellectual property law plus:
- 3+ years of patent experience
- 1+ years of experience in IP transactions, with significant hands-on experience negotiating and drafting IP related provisions in technology transactions, patent licenses, and/or settlements
- Have a high technical aptitude and/or technical degree
- Have graduated from a recognized law school, and are admitted to practice before a state bar and the United States Patent and Trademark Office