By joining Eaton Vance, youll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
To provide advice and attention to legal and regulatory issues related to the firms registered fund business. Includes project management responsibilities.
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of legal and regulatory fund issues working closely with other attorneys and legal team members
- Handle fund registration and disclosure matters
- Work with portfolio management and other business groups in the development and management of funds
- Negotiate and review credit agreements and other instruments
- Address regulatory and compliance issues relating to investment in various asset classes, including derivatives
- Respond to regulatory inquiries
- True team player with collaborative approach
- Consistently demonstrates EV Core values
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Must be a strategic, big picture thinker who understands, appreciates and can appropriately balance legal and business objectives
- Superior writing, analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to work with all levels of staff in a professional manner
- Ability to handle competing demands and priorities
- Ability to exercise independent informed and considered judgment
- Highest attention to detail
Education & Experience
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials
- 8+ years of full time practice in a law firm and/or in-house legal department focused on investment companies and related matters
- Admitted to the Massachusetts bar
- Strong knowledge of investment company and related regulation
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the Company).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or expression, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110