MRI Software is currently seeking a Staff Attorney, Contracts Specialist, to join the team in our Global Headquarters- Solon, OH! This individual will be responsible for assisting in the contracting activities and process for agreements of all types between the Company and its clients, including sales agreements that provide a maximum bookings and profit to the Company while minimizing legal and operational risks.
With the need for minimal assistance and supervision and in accordance with established corporate guidelines, the Staff Attorney, Contracts Specialist will assist in the contracting activities and process for agreements of all types between the Company and its clients, including sales agreements that provide maximum bookings and profit to the Company while minimizing legal and operational risks.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts in areas such as:
- Software license contracts, SaaS customer contracts, data collection and use, technology licensing and acquisition, research and development activities
- Work cross-functionally with sales, finance, and operations teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk preferences
- Involvement in M&A processes, as needed, such as:
- Perform diligence and related tasks to support transactions.
- Develop, implement and maintain organization policies on various legal topics in compliance with applicable laws and in coordination with organizational leadership.
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes.
- May include some managerial/mentoring responsibilities based on experience
- Able to independently draft and negotiate technology based and/or commercial agreement
- Self-starter with the ability to provide proactive, accurate and effective legal support, to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment
- Ability to convey complex legal issues in clear and concise business terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, and internet) required
- Some domestic and international travel may be needed from time to time
Training and Experience
- JD from ABA accredited law school and licensed to practice law in a state, Ohio preferred
- 2-5 years experience practicing law, preferably with technology contracts
- Management experience, preferred