We are Samsung, one of the most iconic and recognized consumer electronics brands around the globe! Samsung is known for raising the bar with each new endeavor. We are not just committed to winning as individuals, but winning as a team. We operate with purpose and integrity. Because of this commitment, our Legal Team is an essential piece of our strategic vision. This means Samsung is equally committed to helping people grow personally and professionally. Our career opportunities are designed with challenge, impact, and reward in mind. Come join our best-in-class team and help contribute to the innovation and unparalleled success at Samsung!
Rôle et Responsabilités
- Provide timely guidance on, draft, review and/or approve promotions, rebates, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Advise on, draft and negotiate various advertising and marketing agreements, including agency agreements (e.g., MSAs and SOWs), and other marketing, promotional, event and creative/consulting agreements.
- Provide fast turnaround guidance, review and approvals on various marketing materials such as PoP, print, digital, social, experiential, as well as press releases.
- Provide daily real-time guidance on legal issues pertaining to the, social media, FTC regulations and the Samsung website/eCommerce.
- Advise and support legal counterparts and other business units as necessary at Samsung headquarters located in Korea.
- Meet regularly with relevant marketers to assess risk and provide solutions to proposed promotional activities.
- On as-needed basis, work with marketers and North American HQ (including Digital) on various contract matters and conduct periodic agency agreement audits to ensure they meet standards.
- Meet regularly/daily with all marketing teams to review, edit, and approve consumer-facing materials.
- Monitor and review issues that may arise in digital and social media spaces.
- Stay abreast of FTC and relevant legal cases and report same to Legal and clients, including providing training as necessary.
- Advise and apprise SEA legal team of US compliance with all relevant and current US legal issues in global launches of product and marketing campaigns.
Compétences et Qualifications
- Excellent academic credentials.
- 7+ years’ legal experience gained in nationally recognized or relevant boutique law firm and/or in-house settings.
- Experience in advertising/marketing law with expertise in promotions, rebates, sweepstakes and contests.
- Experience drafting and negotiating related agreements including agency agreements (e.g., MSAs and SOWs), and other marketing, promotional, event and creative/consulting agreements.
- Admitted to the Bar of at least one state and eligible for admission to the New Jersey as in- house counsel.
- Experience counseling clients in the consumer electronics, (tele)communications and/or consumer products industries is preferred.
- Familiarity with digital and social media issues relevant to consumer products companies is a plus.
- FTC/NAD experience is a plus.