Bank of America seeks a qualified attorney to provide broad based legal support within its Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) division. This attorney will provide legal advice and related guidance to Equities Sales and Trading personnel in connection with GBAM’s institutional equities activities, as well as other in-house support partners such as Compliance, Business Controls, Global Tech & Operations, Risk and Audit.
- Routinely and independently engaging with and providing timely and thorough legal advice to Sales & Trading personnel relating to the cash equities and options business, including but not limited to high-touch trading and electronic trading.
- Providing support in drafting responses and otherwise communicating with various regulators in connection with investigations, examinations, and general inquiries.
- Reviewing and interpreting new, or revised, state or federal laws, rules, regulations and guidance relating to the institutional brokerage business.
- Advising with regard to federal and state laws, rules and regulations that affect securities activities of the Global Banking and Markets division.
- Providing advice and guidance with respect to related products and services, often as part of a project team.
- Developing close partnerships with other in-house control partners in the Legal Department, Compliance, Risk and Audit.
- In the event external counsel is engaged, helping to liaison with the business, coordinating and managing the work done by external counsel.
- Supervising research and general work performed by paralegals on the team.
- 2-5 years’ experience covering U.S securities laws and regulations related to the financial services industry (securities/brokerage/banking), with a preference for equities experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and partner in a team-oriented environment and to navigate and coordinate across the Legal Department
- Impeccable integrity
- Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree
- Admitted to any United States bar in good standing
- Regulatory experience, or dealing with regulators a plus
- Prior experience handling litigation matters and/or pre-litigation disputes
- Prior in-house legal department experience at a financial services company is preferred; large law firm experience also desirable