General Function: Ensure regulatory guidelines are created or maintained to ensure TEMPOE legal compliance in all business related activities externally and internally; counsel Senior Management on all laws, rulings and regulations which affect TEMPOE business model.
· Establish regulatory compliance guidelines to ensure transaction documents used in the store are compliant within each state of operation
· Review and approve Leasing documents to be used in all transactions
· Establish leasing policies and matrix for each jurisdiction and business model/creation
Provide counsel to executive branch on new product development and assist with new product roll out to ensure compliance with state guidelines
Manage Legal/Compliance Dept:
· Manage Dept functions and personnel
· Interact with parent company as required
Manage outside counsel contacts as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Post-graduate Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to a BAR
· Typically 5+ years of legal experience required
· Subject matter knowledge of mergers-and-acquisitions law, real estate law, and corporate law
· Reg M (Federal Fin Code) helpful but not necessary
· Knowledge of payments, Rent to Own, UDAAP and other consumer regulations.
· Good writing, legal analysis, and organizational skills
· Experience in a legal department or firm preferred
· Excellent time management and organization skills.
· Proficient PC skills (Word/Excel/Outlook).
· Requires strong communication, writing and project management skills
· Must be able to present clear recommendations, delegate and instruct/train as needed.
· Excellent analytical and research skills.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage competing priorities effectively
· Normal office environment
· Extended viewing of computer screens
· Travel up to 20%