Founded in 2013, NEXTracker operates as an independent subsidiary of Flex, a leading Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. Delivering smart PV, energy storage and asset management solutions on over 400 solar power plants across five continents, NEXTracker is an established leader in the ground mount solar and storage industries. With 12 gigawatts of solar trackers delivered or under fulfillment, NEXTracker has held the #1 global market share position for solar trackers for three consecutive years (Greentech Media, IHS Markit, 2015, 2016, 2017).
NEXTracker designs and manufactures industry-leading solar and storage systems that dramatically improve and scale the economics of renewable energy. Customers range from behind the meter C&I projects with Fortune 500 companies like PepsiCo and L’Oreal to massive utility-scale customers such as DE Shaw, Swinerton Renewable Energy and Enel Green Power, across domestic and international markets. Join a market leader that values our talent, service excellence and innovation as core to our business growth and culture. With one of the most experienced management teams in solar and global services, category-leading products, and a fortified technology roadmap, NEXTracker is making a dramatic impact on the power plant of the future.
This role, located in Fremont, California will be primarily responsible for providing general counseling support for NEXTracker, a Flex Company. The attorney will draft and negotiate product sales agreements, software licensing agreements, project finance agreement with occasional support for vendor agreements. There will also be some litigation and M&A support.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Provide advice and counsel primarily to the US business team including identifying and mitigating risks, explaining the impact and application of contract terms on the design, manufacture and delivery of NEXTracker’s product.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business, participating in frequent customer facing negotiations.
- Support the continuous improvement of policies and procedures.
- Support the Finance team on various matters, including financial guarantees and liens
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Must be an attorney qualified to practice law in at least one U.S. state.
- A strong yet persuasive personality and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Seven years of experience in commercial transactions and contracting
- Excellent judgment, superior written and verbal communication skills, and be able to partner both with internal business functions and external business clients
- Experience working on treasury matters including letters of credit, parent guarantees and other project finance document requirements
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize while staying positive
- Excellent ability to identify and mitigate risk in commercial agreements
- Familiarity with the renewable energy industry, construction industry or project finance.
- Flexibility and the desire to help a company grow.
- Generalist with strong transactional skills, confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple contracts in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Here are some of our preferred experiences:
Solar industry experience or construction industry preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Eligibility
- Matching 401K
- Tracking Free Attendance
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: accesibilityflextronics.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: chiefprivacyofficerflex.com