NFP is seeking an M&A attorney to expand its close-knit team of in-house lawyers. As an M&A attorney in NFP’s legal department, your primary focus will be to assist in NFP’s acquisition of insurance and financial services firms. In addition to M&A transactions, you will be expected to assist in other high-value transactions and areas as needed.
NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant providing customized property and casualty, corporate benefits, retirement, and individual solutions through its licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. NFP is highly acquisitive and handles all of the acquisitions in-house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft and review various transaction agreements, including NDAs, sale and purchase agreements, employment agreements, disclosure schedules, operating agreements, JV agreements, etc.
- Coordinate feedback and input from the M&A business team and other internal and external subject matter experts.
- Provide advice and risk analysis on various strategic acquisitions and investments.
- Serve as a strategic, legal advisor and provide creative and commercial solutions to many different issues.
- Monitor and evaluate relevant industry, legal and regulatory trends in M&A, employment law and restrictive covenant enforcement.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information.
- Good organizational and planning skills, with an ability to efficiently manage time in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with an ability to take calculated risks.
- Effectively communicate and advise senior management.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience practicing in the corporate department of a major law firm.
- A Juris Doctorate degree and admitted to the New York bar, in good standing.
- Experience in complex transactional matters, including a strong background in M&A.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Yes
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.