About the role:
CaaStle is a fully managed platform that allows retailers to offer Clothing as a Service (CaaS) to their consumers. By providing technology, reverse logistics, and managed services to help retailers participate in the new economy, CaaS is a proven access model with transformative benefits for retailers and consumers.
By retailers offering a CaaS model, consumers will have the opportunity to experiment more deeply with brands – not only by owning garments but by accessing a rotating collection each month. This allows retailers to build a more profitable and valuable business, grow top line with new customers, increase total brand spend from existing customers, as well as gain invaluable data and product insights.
Established less than two years ago, CaaStle is already ranked as one of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019. They have early brand-partners such as: LOFT, Ann Taylor, NY&Co, Express, Vince, Rebecca Taylor, American Eagle, as well their founding partner, Gwynnie Bee and it’s younger sister, Haverdash. With a promising roadmap including several new brand partnerships, in-store technology offerings, full e-commerce ownership, and international expansion, CaaStle is well-positioned to continued rapid growth and success.
With an environment that presents unique and evolving challenges, we need a talented, creative, multi-faceted Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team, working out of our headquarters in New York, NY. In this position, you will work closely with our business teams to push the needle forward. We are looking for someone well-versed in contract drafting and negotiation, e-commerce issues, and who can advise and guide our business teams on the best strategy for each situation.
What you’ll do:
- Work with business teams to draft and execute commercial agreements
- Provide business teams with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation
- Help spot legal issues and identify practical solutions – know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run; know how to solve problems, and when and how to speak up
- Help establish a framework of policies and guidance to manage legal and commercial issues within the business
- Oversee building and handling contract management programs
We’d love for you to have:
- Education: Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction
- 2 to 4 years of experience working with business in connection with a broad range of legal matters, including contracts, marketing, and advertising issues, data privacy, and other transactional activities
- Experience at a firm or in-house
- You should know privacy and consumer right issues, specifically CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and FTC guidelines and state laws related to online marketing, advertising, and auto-renewal services
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and to navigate amid uncertainty
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! We are not the legal team of “no” or ¯\_(?)_/¯ – instead, we are equal parts risk identifiers and problem solvers.