Are you an attorney with an interest in learning about employee health and/or retirement benefits? Are you interested in building relationships within an organization to positively influence and advise key stakeholders on legal matters concerning workplace benefit products? Are you a creative legal thinker and problem solver who will work to help establish our company as an industry leader?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: You will provide general legal services as directed. Work product is primarily for internal law department needs, but may be for specific practice group(s) to in-house constituents.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of our legal processes and procedures. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on risk mitigation and process improvement as it relates to enabling us to perform at the level we need to transform and grow our business and maintain Transamerica reputation as an industry leader.
What Success Looks Like:
- Work on issues where analysis of legal business matters requires an evaluation of various factors and exercises judgment commensurate with experience.
- Provide a variety of general legal services to a number of in-house constituents, primarily within the legal and compliance department under supervision of more senior attorney.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional working groups as directed.
- Examples of work: Review and select from pre-approved options in template contracts; review and update existing company documents; conduct legal research for more senior attorney; assist in responding to discovery requests
What You Need:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with the intended audience
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise agility and adaptability in providing legal advice
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing corporate environment
- Proficient using MS Office
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer