Are you an attorney with experience and knowledge regarding supplemental health and long term care insurance products? Are you interested in building relationships within an organization to positively influence and advise key stakeholders on legal matters concerning health insurance products? Are you a creative legal thinker and problem solver who will work to help establish our company as an industry leader?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: You will provide expert and complex legal services related to supplemental health and long term care insurance products.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of our legal processes and procedures. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on risk mitigation and process improvement as it relates to enabling us to perform at the level we need to transform and grow our business and maintain Transamerica reputation as an industry leader.
What Success Looks Like:
- Negotiate, draft and/or review marketing, distribution, administration, TPA, and/or vendor agreements.
- Provide advice regarding escalated claims and consumer complaints.
- Monitor and advise on changes in laws and regulations, particularly those related to insurance regulations, including advising on company impact and strategy.
- Research and review State Insurance laws and regulations
- Review and approve marketing and advertising materials.
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners and be able to lead meetings on important business issues.
- Work under the supervision of a senior attorney on legal assignments that could have a substantial impact on the conduct of the company’s business.
- Provide legal advice on State and Government inquiries that may include Market Conduct issues.
- Work with outside counsel on assigned legal projects.
- Experience with Voluntary Products including supplemental health, long term care, and experience with the ACA, HIPAA & ERISA is preferred.
- Review laws and regulations as they relate to employer groups, associations, labor unions, and other non-employer groups to ensure they comply with the state law prior to issuing policies
- Review communications with insureds for legal issues
- Collaborate with the Transamerica Litigation team as needed
- Develop and present learning sessions to the Legislative & Regulatory Compliance team
What You Need:
- Law degree and at least one state bar admission.
- Five years of relevant legal experience.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Workload will frequently require the ability to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Collaborative, innovative and forward thinking skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with the intended audience
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise agility and adaptability in providing legal advice
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing corporate environment
- Proficient using MS Office