As an attorney on our IP team, you’ll manage trademark matters for multiple business segments in our digital product and content spaces. You will interact directly with teams to protect their brands, trademarks, copyrights and domain names. Responsibilities include direct management of clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of our growing US and foreign trademark portfolio, client counseling, licensing, developing and implementing intellectual property protection policies, and educating and coaching the business on intellectual property matters.
This position will be an attorney in a dynamic team of IP professionals responsible for trademark, copyright and domain issues globally. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· 5+ years of experience with trademark and copyright issues, especially those relevant to digital content creators (in-house experience a plus)
· Experience managing a trademark portfolio, consisting of domestic and foreign marks
· Experience leading investigations and negotiations to resolve 3P trademark disputes
· A law degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar or foreign equivalent
· Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for companies in the digital content space
· Ability to be responsible for all trademark and copyright-related activities for multiple business segments, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
· Creativity, attention to detail, commitment to customer service, and excellent communication skills
· Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues
· Ability to effectively translate IP issues to members of the creative, technology, business, management and legal teams
· A sense of humor and a passion for branding