- Provide guidance and counsel to studio teams on all legal matters including rights of publicity and privacy, trademark, and copyright
- Support the film clearance process by liaising with Art and Script departments
- Under significant direction of more senior law professionals, draft, review, analyze, and comment upon ordinary course of business agreements provided by third parties, production related or otherwise (e.g., Systems, Café, supplier or vendor agreements)
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admission to the State Bar of California
- Familiarity with intellectual property law, including copyright, trademark, and rights of privacy and publicity a plus
- 2- 4 years of law firm experience
- Strong drafting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment; ability to spot, and work with, novel issues
- Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information; demonstrate a high degree of integrity and honesty; exercise diplomacy, confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
About Pixar Animation Studios:
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.