The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing comprehensive legal services to the Firm and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
If you’re interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
We are currently hiring a Vice President, Assistant General Counsel in the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) – Macro Markets & Sales group. The position will include responsibility for providing advisory support for the CIB Securitized Products – ABS, RMBS and CMBS, with a particular focus on the CMBS business. This position is located in the CIB Legal Department in New York.
Responsibilities will include drafting, negotiating and advising on the full range of documentation relating to securitizations (including underwriting documentation, private placement, engagement and confidentiality agreements). The role will also include providing advice to the Securitized Products business on a wide variety of related legal, structuring, reputational and litigation risk mitigation issues. You will also work closely with partners in other functional areas and regions on a wide range of matters relating to regulatory risks and developments, new regulatory implementation, data use and contracting matters, and new business initiatives. You will work both independently and with colleagues across the Firm’s global Legal Department and you will manage, and supervise, external counsel engaged in related assignments. You will join a successful, well established global team of professionals, and be a part of one of the premier investment banks in the country and the world.
The required qualifications are:
- 5+ years experience, including extensive work on securitizations ranging from documentation drafting and handling any related negotiation. Prior experience working for or representing a full service investment bank (on securitizations or other transactional assignments). Experience with Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitizations is required. Interest, and established work experience, in other asset classes, such as consumer, esoteric and residential mortgage, is strongly preferred.
- Other relevant experience: familiarity with SEC reporting and working knowledge of lending arrangements and warehouse facilities, including the related documentation such as credit and loan agreements.
- Solid knowledge of the U.S. securities laws applicable to public and private offerings of securitizations, including, among things, Regulation AB and the credit risk retention rules. Extensive experience with SEC-registered and Rule 144A offerings for securitizations.
- Experience with drafting and reviewing prospectuses/offering memoranda, underwriting agreements and indentures.
- Familiarity with securities counsel opinions, accountants’ comfort letters and relevant accounting issues, bankruptcy, tax and ERISA. Familiarity with related consumer regulatory requirements and bankruptcy laws a strong plus.
- Excellent drafting skills, strong attention to detail.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex legal issues to senior managers or executives; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently on transactions and projects.
- Team player, confident and proactive.
- Attorney must have a JD or educational equivalent and be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in NY or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of NY, all prior to employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Dept must successfully complete a conflicts of interest review prior to employment.