The Legal Department of JPMorgan is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us in supporting J. P. Morgan Wealth Management’s bank managed account and the SEC-registered investment advisory businesses.
About J.P. Morgan Wealth Management:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. The J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its global businesses. With client assets of approximately $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan’s Wealth Management business delivers customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients around the world with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets. We leverage our products and solutions to support every facet of wealth management for clients, including investments, liquidity and credit management and tax and estate planning.
We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and support to the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management’s bank investment adviser as well as the SEC-registered investment advisory businesses, with a focus on investment products such as discretionary investment management for wrap fee programs, and wealth management services provided to investors in our J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Investments lines of business.
- Advise the business on a wide range of legal issues relevant to investment management advice and products.
- Support the business on regulatory developments, new product development and launches.
- Provide insight on product distribution to clients.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Department and other control functions (e.g., Compliance, Risk) to identify and resolve issues.
- Coordinate as needed with other divisions of J.P Morgan Asset Management and J.P. Morgan Wealth Management.
- 5+ years of relevant law firm, financial institution or comparable experience post JD.
- Knowledge of investment management legal issues, including SEC regulations and guidance on investment advisory issues, required.
- Familiarity/experience with wealth management business preferred.
- Excellent document drafting skills required.
- Proven management skills required.
- Excellent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be a proactive, dynamic member of a team.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- JD or educational equivalent required.
- Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.