This position is a member of a team of Attorney-Advisors within the Office of the General Counsel. The Office’s primary function is to provide legal support and advice to the Review Commission on cases arising under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Office also provides legal advice in a variety of other areas, including the Freedom of Information Act, ethics, privacy, procurement, the Administrative Procedure Act, and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing petitions for discretionary review.
- Analyzing cases directed for review under section 12(j) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Preparing draft legal memoranda addressing the issues raised in the case.
- Preparing draft decisions pursuant to instructions from the Commissioners.
- On occasion, performing legal tasks, including research, drafting legal opinions, and providing legal advice regarding the Review Commission’s administrative operations and employees. These may include such areas as: employment law, procurement/contracting law, Equal Employment Opportunity law, budget and reporting laws, and U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board procedures.