Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to support its federal contracts and pursuits throughout the enterprise. The position requires the individual to work closely and develop good working relationships with Contracting Officers externally, and all internal stakeholders by establishing routine, professional communications, both verbally and in writing. The successful candidate will be required to have collaborative and daily interaction with these individuals, including program staff, legal, and contracts/subcontracts/procurement/finance and billing team members, as we strive to have a very collaborative working environment.
Cradle to grave support handling multiple bid opportunities, proposal work, negotiations, contract award and administration of the resultant contracts:
- Manage a variety of federal contracts. Supports proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts. Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
- Prepare and disseminate information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination.
- Lead price proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts
- Serve as point of contact for customers both internal and external in regards to contractual matters
- Act as advisor regarding legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations to management and others
- Ensure compliance with Dewberry company policies and procedure
- Analyze and interpret federal government regulations including FAR, DFARS and other agency supplements and applies knowledge to perform sophisticated risk analysis for new and ongoing opportunities.
- Manage Dewberry's GSA Schedule contract.
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions of different types of contractual agreements – Non-Disclosure, Teaming and Subcontract agreements to ensure compliance with established legal policies and standard
- Review/evaluate solicitations and provide proposal guidance support and assists in the preparation
- Advise management on contractual rights & obligations, and interprets terms and conditions.
- Develop and perform compliance training in such areas as organizational conflict of interest, procurement integrity, truthful negotiations act, etc.
- Provide contract expertise to Program Teams for change order management
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BA/BS plus minimum 7 years relevant experience. Additional year's relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, effective written and oral communication skills, effective negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must understand the broader impact of proposed or awarded work and contract terms on the company, be able to identify and resolve contract issues with guidance as necessary and advise program staff and management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Applicant must have a strong working knowledge of contract administration principles and possess working knowledge of U. S. Government procurement regulations (FAR/DFAR/Agency Regs, as applicable).
- Ability to directly and professionally interact and negotiate with government acquisitions personnel and teaming partner personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and problems on assigned contracts and make independent recommendations to direct supervisor(s), program staff, and business unit management.
- Current/previous experience working with the full range of Contract types (e.g. Cost-Type, T&M, Fixed Price) to include performance based contracting, including GSA Schedule Contracting.
- Experience with Manpower and other federal contractual reporting obligations;
- Must be willing and able to obtain a clearance.
Desired/Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Professional Contracts certification or related coursework;
- Current/previous experience with federal programs working at international locations.
- Currently hold a Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with Brooks Act and Architect and Engineering (A/E) type contracting.
- Experience with other public and private client contracting.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.