Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat has an excellent opportunity for a professional with expertise in the use of digital and social media for national public health and social marketing campaigns. This individual will work across a number of different projects supporting and implementing the social/digital campaign strategies.
• Develop social media marketing solutions to support client objectives.
• Refine social media processes for corporate and client initiatives.
• Educate clients and staff on social media.
• Develop case studies for internal and new business use.
• Assist with new business development.
• Other duties assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in public health, health communication, or other related field.
• 3 years of experience in a related position is required, including experience supporting Federal government clients.
Candidates should have experience working across a variety of online properties, implementing both earned and paid campaigns, and the ability to deliver high-quality, cutting edge services to clients. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a growing team, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a team player with excellent communication skills and demonstrated writing abilities.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.