Seasoned Maintenance Technician needed for garden style apartment community located in Burtonsville Maryland. Individual must have HVAC certification, strong general skills in day-to-day apartment maintenance, plumbing, electrical, and apartment turnovers. Candidate must be a team player good at follow instructions and processes ability to work independently.
- Meet daily with the Maintenance Supervisor to receive daily instructions/ work orders, part and equipment needs, etc.
- Complete all work assigned in accordance with specifications, instructions, and warranty requirements; keeping in mind at all times customer service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for general apartment maintenance, consisting of but not limited to the following tasks; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair. Charging A/C's Servicing heating, light paint or drywall.
- Prepare vacant units for new occupancy
- Responsible for the general grounds duties, as needed, such as snow and/ice removal, debris removal, salting and/or sanding of walks and drives.
- Complete all maintenance work in a timely manner, reporting additional work needed to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- View the property for safety and deferred maintenance needs; reporting same to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Responsible for any immediate maintenance required on-site in an emergency situation.
- Respond to on-call services, as scheduled (within 20-30 minutes when called for response).
- Keep Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager informed at all times of any pertinent activity on site
- Maintain all company policies
- 3-5 years of previous experience a plus
- Ability to efficiently handle and coordinate multiple tasks and project assignments
- Knowledge and proper use of basic hand tools (i.e. socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.)
- Understand correct usage of power tools (pneumatic, electric or engine drive), drill motors, saws, grinder, and impact wrenches, etc.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Understand and apply correct usage of all personal safety equipment
Physical abilities/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform work outdoors and indoors
- Work standing all day/ walk extensive distances
- Lift 50 lbs. or more
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Access remote work areas and confined spaces (i.e., crawl spaces, roofs)
- Use full range of manual dexterity (i.e., sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling, walking, and lifting)
- Meet the shift working requirements of the property; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Thorough Background investigations will be conducted prior to hire. Great pay and benefits available.
Polinger Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.