Faculty Support Specialist
Office of Human Resources
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Faculty Support Specialist in the Office of Human Resources.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with management of the new hire process, which includes: processing new hire background checks; reviewing,completing,trouble-shooting all new HR/Payroll documents for new faculty,;ensuring that all faculty paperwork is completed properly and submitted to Payroll Services at UMCP; verifying and approving new hires processed in Workday; maintaining and updating all faculty files.
- Provide direct support to faculty/staff by conducting research and resolving questions and issues.
- Maintain and disseminate accurate information to faculty regarding policies, procedures, dates and deadlines.
- Process adjunct faculty scholarship inquiries.
- Review and update the department Engage page to ensure that they reflect up-to-date policies and procedures.
- Provide faculty support in the areas of parking permits, copy requests and producing/distributing faculty ID cards.
- Maintain the provisioning process for new faculty hires and maintain/edit provisioning letter for all three divisions.
- Assist with file maintenance and trouble-shoot/problem solve tickets from IT Works.
- Assist with verifying/approving or denying various HR transactions in Workday.
- Assist with verification of employment and with investigators conducting background checks.
- Assist with activity pay in Workday, and process foreign faculty payroll.
- Support the HR Business Center and Benefits teams as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and critical thinking ability.
- One (1) year of customer service experience is required.
- Must also possess strong administrative support skills and be proficient with the MS Office Suite.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must have familiarity with Workday HCM.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https: careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.