The Therapeutic Nursery Program (TNP) is a therapeutic preschool for children with social and emotional challenges. Children are referred to the program for a wide range of reasons, including trauma, anxiety, depression, and physical aggression. The TNP is seeking a part time van driver to support the afternoon transport of our students.
Is responsible for the courteous and safe transport of TNP children and staff to and/or from the Lourie Center, children's homes, schools, or other designated drop-off sites. Ensuring that all actions and attitudes contribute to the safety and well being of the TNP children and staff, and to the critical success factors of the organization. Driver will also provide transportation on field trip days, a few times a year. Drivers are expected to work in tandem with the teacher aide, who will ride along with the driver for additional support of the children.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in providing mechanical upkeep on all vans
2. Assists in safely transport children and staff to and from all destinations
3. Assist in coordinating transportation needs with other departments and facilities
4. Assist and maintain proper interactions and boundaries with TNP children and families
5. Provide flexible and courteous interpersonal interactions
6. Maintain organizational required skill
7. Maintain confidentiality of TNP children and families
8. Professionally represent the Therapeutic Nursery Program
Qualified candidates will possess:
High school or GED
Strong interpersonal skills
Able to handle a multi-task environment
Ability work independently & as well as with a team
Maintain clean driving record (2 point minimum)
Read, write and speak English proficiently
Pass criminal background check
Part time afternoon hours from 2:30pm-4:30pm.
Driver will also spend hours maintaining the mechanical upkeep of the van, and will support field trips several times a year.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.