Project Manager, Geospatial and Technology Services (GTS) Group, Fairfax, VA
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Geospatial Project Manager for our Geospatial and Technology Services Group in Fairfax, VA. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to collaborate with our disaster and resiliency services to use innovative geospatial technologies to support a wide variety of projects. Dewberry succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical projects involve managing medium to large geospatial projects for state, federal, local and commercial clients across the US.
It is preferred that the successful candidate hold a Security Clearance, but at a minimum, needs to be able to obtain a SECRET clearance. Travel to client sites and other Dewberry offices will be required.
- Ability to quickly develop and implement solutions using geospatial technologies.
- Manage a large team of analysts working 24/7 on geospatial emergency management response projects for a two week duration.
- Bring together individuals with varying subject matter expertise to accomplish our client's missions.
- Foster the development of Dewberry technical staff through training, coaching, mentoring, etc.
- Coordinate with other Dewberry business units to seek opportunities for collaboration
- Develop and manage proposals, budgets, schedules, billings, and contracts.
- Share project experiences/technology solutions/information to clients, colleagues, and others through the development of blogs, articles, videos, and conference presentations.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS/BA in applicable field from accredited university.
- Knowledge of federal agency programs, programmatic rules and regulations and experience completing work in/for various federal agencies.
- Knowledge of and experience in Emergency Management operations as it relates to the disaster preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation cycle.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a remote, multi-disciplinary team.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS technology and services.
- Experience in managing projects for federal, state, local and commercial clients.
- The ability to market related services and to present our services to both internal and external clients is critical to the success of the individual in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within a team environment.
- Currently hold an active secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
- Travel when necessary to client sites or other Dewberry offices.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law .