The Assistant Director of Project Delivery is responsible for managing construction renovation and alteration projects primarily involving existing ACPS facilities. The incumbent supports the delivery of new and improved facilities within time and budgets. Assist the Director of Educational Facilities in supporting the division Capital Improvement Plan through the efficient management of capital and major facilities management modernization and repair projects. Works with other facilities and building management staff, planning and design staff and others – to formulate and execute funding in alignment with the Superintendent and School Board's policies and priorities.
This job reports to Director of Facilities Services.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in job related area. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver's License.
- Experience: Five to ten years of job related experience within field with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Coordinates budgeting, allocations of funds, and construction activities with appropriate City of Alexandria agencies, City Council and School Board in adherence of Federal, State, local, division policy and regulations.
- Serves as supervisory Project Manager and team leader for staff project managers and engineers, providing oversight to ensure that project schedules and budgets remain on track.
- Determines project priorities in conjunction with subordinate and peer staff and works with Director to seek approvals and implementation authority.
- Responsible for close coordination of project requirements and specifications with other ACPS professional staff, offices and departments.
- Provides and coordinates subject matter expertise for project procurement requirements and ensures that other Capital Improvement Plans are properly represented in procurements, contract negotiations and selections.
- Coordinates with Building and Maintenance Services personnel in the planning of renovation, repair and maintenance projects at school facilities.
- Investigates reports of faulty workmanship, construction/coordination problems, takes appropriate action for resolution of problems, and represents School Board at any arbitration hearings.
- Maintains and updates master record, drawings and specifications for school facilities, sites and equipment for the purpose of keeping accurate records.
- Participates in the recommendation of contract awards to the Chief Operating Officer, Superintendent, Director of Procurement and School Board following review of construction project bids, contractor references and experience, and contractor insurance coverage.
- Supervises administration, inspection, and construction management projects to ensure highest standard of efficiency, safety, economy and quality.
- Ensures the completion of quality control inspections of existing facilities conditions, new materials, techniques, and methods of construction and renovation, maintenance and repair projects.
Standard office environment and frequent exposure to construction conditions including bending, some climbing and/or maneuvering of in-progress building site environments. Occasional exposure to diminished air and sound quality in construction settings.
$89,553.60 – $130,651.20 / Administrator SAS-10