The Assistant Director of Building Services is responsible for the overall management of the daily operations and maintenance (O&M) of facilities serving ACPS students, staff, and administrators. This includes the physical plant and equipment, the interior and exterior environments, ongoing repairs, and the cleanliness and condition of all priorities of academic and office spaces for the division. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that supervised staff is managing work and contracts for services that support all aspects related to building services operations. The Assistant Director supports the Director of Educational Facilities with long-range planning, policies and procedures, maintenance and cyclical schedules, as well as required reporting of metrics and benchmarks. The Assistant Director coordinates closely with the ACPS Assistant Director of Project Delivery on the formulation and execution of work associated with the operating budget and the Capital Improvement Program budgets, as applicable and required, in order to effectively integrate efforts, provide continuity of services and maximizing value.
The incumbent coordinates closely with school based administration and other ACPS Central Office departments including the Chief Operating Officer, Planning, Safety and Security Services, Transportation, Nutrition Services and other appropriate school and community organizations. The Assistant Director serves as a liaison with city officials and the local utility in response to planning and emergent issues affecting normal and properly functioning school operations.
- Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management or closely related field.
- Experience: Five to ten years of experience in managing operations and maintenance of public facilities, preferably educational facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals, requirements, procedures and practices of school facilities maintenance, operations and leases.
- Proven effective and creative leadership of work teams with increasing measures of success over time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the workforce and external stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration and principles.
- Experience in current technologies and practices in the field of facilities maintenance and operations.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and participate in preparation of clear and concise reports, including the management of budget expenditures and priorities.
- Manages all facilities O&M programs and activities necessary to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Manages the safe and efficient daily operations and emergency on call services 24/7 at all facilities and sites, including work request fulfillment and management of work order request system.
- Oversees Building Management staff to ensure all building campuses, building systems and equipment are operating safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Manages delivery and relocation services operations to ensure delivery of all materials, furniture and equipment necessary to schools.
- Provides custodial services to ensure cleanliness of all facilities.
- Coordinates with Principals and designated staff at each school to support operations at each school site.
- Coordinates with Risk Manager to ensure healthy and safe environments at all buildings.
- Coordinates community use of school facilities and computerized building rental program.
- Promotes energy conservation, recycling and composting.
- Monitors building performance & operations with energy contractor.
- Coordinates with City agencies for effective facilities management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Educational Facilities.
$89,553.60 – $130,651.20 / Administrator SAS-10