Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat has an immediate opening for a qualified individual to assist with ongoing public health and epidemiology research studies. The candidate should have background knowledge of biology and public health. This position is to work full time at our office in Rockville, Maryland.
• Providing logistical support for research committees and working groups (setting up and running conference calls and meetings, summarizing scientific discussions, drafting agendas, minutes and action items).
• Assisting with study protocol development.
• Supporting implementation of multi-site research studies including drafting Manuals of Operations (MOP) and study forms, conducting trainings and monitoring data collections.
• Facilitating specimen collection and tracking (writing specifications for specimen tracking systems, monitoring collection and shipping of specimens, producing reports).
• Providing administrative support as needed.
• A Master's degree in public health or health science related field is required.
• Experience in public health research, laboratory, blood bank or transfusion medicine preferred. Internship experience in any of these areas will be considered.
Qualified candidates must have strong computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills; organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; be detail-oriented; and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.