As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Speech Language Pathologist/Speech Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Education and Experience Required:
– Master's degree or higher from an accredited speech therapy program
– Maryland Speech Therapy License
– American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) certified/Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
– BLS/CPR certification with the American Heart Association
– Two to three years' experience
– One year home care experience preferred
Variable Part-Time/Per Diem, Day shift – Home Health, Silver Spring/So. MD
The Speech Language Pathologist/Speech Therapist evaluates, plans and implements speech therapy treatments to patients in the home care setting as prescribed by a physician.
1. Communicates with team members, customers, managers, etc. to coordinate plan of care and provide optimal patient experience.
2. Administers speech therapy interventions and treatments according to agency's accepted policies and procedures.
3. Apply and implement appropriate therapy knowledge and plans patient care with appropriate patient goals.
4. Completes documentation requirements in a proficient and timely manner
5. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development.
6. Administers and supervises occupational therapy treatments to patients with a wide range of health problems under the direct orders of a physician/podiatrist
7. Coordinates care patients with other skilled care providers to plan, implement and access treatment programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge in providing skilled care to the adult and geriatric population
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to be flexible and manage time and changing priorities
- Ability to problem solve and organize the work day
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to maintain excellent customer service and a positive patient experience
- Ability to display compassion in response to patient's needs and concerns
- Ability to navigate an Electronic Medical Record system
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.