Adventist Home Health (AHH) seeks to hire a Care Transition Coordinator – Community Liason who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Care Transition Coordinator – Community Liaison is responsible for ensuring the agency receives its referral and admission goals. Marketing specifically to hospital, skill nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation hospital and facilities. The admission goals are achieved by developing and maintain referral relationships, securing admissions or re-admissions to the home care agency.
Education and Experience Required:
– Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's in Marketing or in Communication preferred
– Active MD Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) a plus
– 2-3 years experience in a healthcare/home care environment
– 3-5 years marketing experience preferred in home care or other healthcare setting
Full-time, Weekdays: Monday-Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm **occasional after hours needed
This position is covering PG County and a small area of Charles County.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
Proficient Microsoft Office skills, Internet proficiency
Ability to work independently and multi-task
Strong customer service skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to coordinate with other teams and managers
Principle Duties and Responsibilities including Direct Reports:
1. Market to assigned facilities.
2. Completes accurate and timely clinical assessments and interviews of new referrals and potential patients.
3. Complete accurate referrals in order to facilitate achieving department and assigned admission goals.
4. Educates referral sources, patients, families, and physicians on home care services, insurance criteria and qualifications.
5. Analyze referral trends to make recommendations for new business opportunities
6. Track individual weekly performance and productivity
7. Supports and covers community liaisons as needed.
Full-time; Monday thru Friday, 9:30A-6 PM.
Experience in Marketing/Communications within healthcare field preferred; Clinical background a plus
*Coverage for PG County and a small area of Charles County
**There will be times when CTC -CL is needed to work after hours.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.