Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an Inpatient Adult Psychiatrist who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. The inpatient psychiatric unit at Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center is a 117-bed unit serving children, adolescents, adults and older adults. The Inpatient Adult Psychiatrist will be responsible for overseeing a caseload of an average of 9 patients per day.
This part-time position will work Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. Call requirements include three weekends a year (Friday 5:00 PM – Monday 8:00 AM) and one weeknight call every six days (5:00 PM – 8:00 AM). Additional weekend or weeknight call paid at contractor rate.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine
- Board Certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or Board Eligible (within 5 years of completing residency)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work well on a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent skills in maintaining highly confidential information
- Skilled in compiling clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Experience working with an electronic medical record preferred
Financial package and benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability insurances, flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Funds and designated time off for continuing medical education
- Retirement savings plan with matching
- Professional fees toward license, DEA, journals, societies
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.