The job of Bus Driver Trainer was established for the purpose/s of providing classroom and behind the wheel training and addressing school bus regulations and safety procedures; evaluating bus drivers' knowledge and skills; maintaining required documentation for audit in compliance with State Certification; and transporting students over scheduled routes.
This job reports to Transportation Coordinator.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Certificates and Licenses: Must be able to attend upcoming three day courses to attain Certification by the VDOE to train other school bus drivers.
- Attends safety meetings and training relating to state and district requirements for the purpose of presenting and/or acquiring information.
- Conducts classroom and behind-the-wheel bus driver training for the purpose of presenting, reinforcing and/or developing bus driver
- Coordinates a variety of programs (e.g. award programs, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or recognition.
- Evaluates performance of bus drivers and applicants for the purpose of ensuring that basic skills levels are met and are in compliance with state certification requirements.
- Informs bus drivers and applicants (e.g. rules, regulations, laws, procedures, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for follow up action and/or proper procedures.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing an up-to date reference and audit trail.
- Oversees bus driver licensing, training requirements and certificate status (e.g. driver's licenses, physicals, drug screenings, CPR/First Aid, etc.) for the purpose of providing training and/or ensuring compliance with all state, federal and administrative requirements.
- Performs functions of a school bus driver for the purpose of meeting the district's transportation needs.
- Performs mandated observations, ride-alongs and bus evaluations for the purpose of ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. activity reports, training handouts, safety information guidelines, driver evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to bus drivers, other district personnel, state officials, etc.
- Schedules training and testing by non-district personnel for the purpose of ensuring compliance with all state, federal and administrative requirements.
Annualized salary range: $29,493.44-$36,276.48
$19.61 – $24.12 / Support SUP-18