Polinger Company is an established family-owned and operated full-service real estate organization that offers numerous opportunities in a wide range of disciplines and career paths. Our corporate culture is responsible for more than half of the corporate team being with the company for 10 years or longer. This type of longevity is unique but not surprising given the combination of outstanding working conditions, generous benefits and opportunities to grow and develop professionally and personally.
Immediate position available for this 539 unit garden style residential apartment community. Individual must have strong general skills in day-to-day apartment maintenance and apartment turnover maintenance.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems including, but not limited to pumps, chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handling units.
- Make adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment in order to maintain established operating criteria within the guidelines set forth by the Supervisor.
- Perform general repairs, maintenance and replacement of building components including, but not limited to: building fixtures and appliances, plumbing, electrical and A/C controls.
- Participate in the water treatment chemical programs established in the property
- Maintain operation logs and files, where appropriate, to include, but not limited to: central plant operations, chemical consumption logs and other equipment or operation inspection logs specific to the property.
- Apply well developed knowledge and skills in HVAC distribution and controls in order to make adjustments and/or corrective actions to resolve work orders.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by company.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the entire operation staff and perform as a team member.
- Adhere to all company and property policies and procedures and perform all duties in a safe manner and help ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations.
- Actively participate in required training activities and seminars
- Apply knowledge of how each of the components in the building systems relates operationally to one another and modify and/or install new system(s) as needed
- Identify potential causes for failure of a system(s) and prioritize repair process
- Supervise and oversee contracted work
- Able to effectively troubleshoot problems, recognize deficiencies and initiate action to resolve.
- Read and use all types of testing equipment, analog digital multi-meters, pressure and temperature indicating and recording devices, air flow measuring devices, and leak detection devices
- Ability to efficiently handle and coordinate multiple tasks and project assignments
- Knowledge and proper use of basic hand tools (i.e. socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.)
- Understand correct usage of power tools (pneumatic, electric or engine drive), drill motors, saws, grinder, and impact wrenches, etc.
- Read and understand a variety of instructions, including equipment instruction manuals, furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
- Maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Understand and apply correct usage of all personal safety equipment
Physical abilities/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform work outdoors and indoors
- Work standing all day
- Lift 50 lbs. or more
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Access remote work areas and confined spaces (i.e., crawl spaces, roofs)
- Use full range of manual dexterity (i.e., sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling, walking, and lifting)
- Meet the shift working requirements of the assigned property; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Work overtime as business needs deem appropriate
Thorough Background investigations will be conducted prior to hire. Great pay and benefits available.
Polinger Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.