As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Recreation Therapist, who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Qualified candidates will possess:
– Bachelors or Masters degree in Recreation Therapy
– CTRS certification
– BLS certification via the American Heart Association
– Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment (required)
– Experience with inpatient or outpatient psychiatric patient caseload (1-2 yrs preferred)
The CTRS will be responsible to serve as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team; to provide Therapeutic Recreation services to child/adolescent and adult psychiatric populations. These are patients in both Inpatient and Outpatient units; PHP – Partial Hospitalization Program, at AHC Behavior and Wellness in Rockville.
– Must be comfortable with and in volatile situations and rapid changing patient environments.
– Independent and able to work alone; self-motivated; comfortable with working with a small staff and at times on shift as the sole therapist.
* Comfortable around dogs – – used in Pet Therapy groups
- Ability to effectively plan and conduct clinical groups for children, adolescents and adults.
- Full-time, Weekday/Weekend DAYS schedule due to therapy group schedule
- SHIFTS: Mon/Tue/Fri 11am-7pm and Sat/Sun 9am-5pm (off Weds & Thurs)
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.